Last Updated: July 2019
This website is owned and operated by NL Business Group LLC.
We recognize the importance of protecting the privacy of the information collected about our Website visitors and members, in particular information that is capable of identifying an individual (“personal information”).
Who This Policy Applies To (Users of Our Services).
The information that we collect, store and share in relation to our Services may differ depending on the type of user. An individual may be one or more of these types of users depending on the nature of his or her interactions with our Services and Website.
- Merchant: An entity that has been approved to list and advertise their product, service, course or digital download in one of the directories on our website.
- Employer: An entity that has been approved to add their company profile in our Employer’s directory.
- Author: An individual who writes articles and posts content displayed on the Website.
Information We Collect.
We collect information about users, including Personal Information, in order to fulfill our lawful business interests, including in connection with the Services.
“Personal Information” is any information related to an identified or identifiable person, especially by reference to an identifier such as a name, location data, email address or other factors specific to a person’s identity.
You can visit the Website and use some of the other Services without providing any information, including Personal Information. However, if you choose not to provide Personal Information, we may not be able to provide you with access to, or use of, some of the Services.
We collect the following information from users of the Services. We also make some of the information available to the public for the purpose of providing the Services.
- Email address
- Company name
- Company biography
- Website URL
- Affiliate tracking link.
- Email address
- Company name
- Company biography
- Website URL
- Social Media links
- Phone number
- Username and password
- Job listings
- Location: City, Country
- Email address
- Username and password
- Company and job title
- Content posted by Authors
- Professional credentials and experience
We collect certain payment and billing information when you purchase a directory listing or digital download from Remote Work Hub. This information is collected via our secure payment gateway, Stripe. We do not store credit card details on our servers.
From time to time, we may ask our users to participate in surveys/questionnaires and promotions which may be used to collect Personal Information. Participation is completely voluntary and declining to participate will not impact your use of the Services.
Other Information Collected Automatically.
When browsing and using our Website, we also collect some information automatically. This may include information such as your IP address and domain name, your location as inferred from your IP address, your internet service provider, the date and time of your visit to the Website, your use of the Services during your current session and over time (including the pages you view and the files you download), the URLs from the websites you visit before and after navigating to the Website, your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system and browser type, and your software and hardware attributes (including device IDs). We collect such information using a variety of mechanisms, including the following:
- Server Logs: When you visit the Website, we automatically receive and record certain information from your computer (or other device) and your browser. This may include data such as your IP address, the pages you visit, or features you use on the Website, and your general geographic location as inferred from your IP address. To obtain such information, we may use server logs or similar applications that recognize your computer or other devices and gather information about their online activity.
- Pixel tags: The Services that you receive from us may use an application known as a “pixel tag” (also known as a “clear gif” or “web beacon”). A pixel tag is an electronic file that usually consists of a single-pixel image. It can be embedded in a web page or in an email to transmit information, which could include Personal Information. For example, it allows an email sender to determine whether a user has opened a particular email. Deleting or blocking cookies will not stop the collection of information through pixel tags and similar tracking mechanisms. However, as discussed in the section below titled “Third-Party Analytics and Targeted Advertising,” you can take steps to limit how such information is used for advertising purposes. Even in that event, we may continue to use the information for other purposes, including analytics.
How We Use the Information We Collect.
We use the Personal Information that we collect about users to:
- Provide the Services;
- Fulfill the terms of any agreement you have with us, respond to your requests, or otherwise complete a transaction that you initiate, including payment processing;
- Advertise job vacancies or post company information;
- Provide online resources, such as ebooks for download;
- To provide special offers from our partners;
- Send administrative communications related to the Services;
- Communicate with users through email notices, newsletters, and updates, including promotional communications about topics, products, jobs, and services that we believe will be of interest to our subscribers;
- Administer surveys;
- Engage in analysis and research concerning the Services, improve users’ experiences with the Services, and otherwise enhance the quality of our products and services;
- Comply with legal and/or regulatory requirements, or to protect our rights and interests, as described below in the “Legal Purposes” subsection of this Policy;
- Compile and share aggregated information;
- Count and recognize visitors to the Services and analyze how visitors use the Services;
- Engage in analytics or targeted advertising as described in the “Third-Party Analytics and Targeted Advertising” section below; and
- For any other business purpose permitted by law.
How We Share Information with Third Parties.
We may share information with third parties, including Personal Information, for a variety of purposes, as described below.
Third-party service providers.
Your direct sharing of Personal Information through the Services and Third-Party Websites.
We also may use or share your information, including Personal Information, with third parties when we deem this to be necessary such as:
- To comply with applicable law or a court order, subpoena, request from government or law enforcement, or other legal process;
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, violations of our terms and conditions, or situations involving threats to our property or the property or physical safety of any person or third party;
- To establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; or
- To facilitate the financing, securitization, insuring, merger, acquisition, sale, assignment, bankruptcy, or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets. In the event of an actual sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event relating to all or a portion of our business or assets, your information, including Personal Information, may be part of the transferred assets.
- De-identified or aggregated information. We also may compile and share de-identified or aggregated information about users of the Services, such as by publishing a report on trends in the usage of the Services or sharing aggregated information about historical and real-time trends in relation to remote employment. We also may share de-identified or aggregated information about the numbers, types, or origins of users who submit job applications on the sites of our business partners or who click on our business partners’ links on the Services (such as a job posting or article).
We partner with certain third parties to collect information to engage in analytics, auditing, research, and reporting. These third parties may use web logs, pixel tags, or similar online tracking mechanisms, and they may set and access cookies on your computer or other device. For example, as discussed above, Employers may use pixel tags or scripts supplied by Remote Work Hub to track when users navigate to their websites and submit job applications.
We do not knowingly collect, and we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information on or through the Services. Such information includes, but is not limited to, social security numbers, financial account information (except for payment information of our Affiliates, Independent Contractors and staff as required), and information related to or revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background, or trade union membership.
Remote Work Hub uses physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your information against loss or unauthorized access, use, modification, or deletion. However, no security program is 100% secure, and thus we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information.
Your Choices and Access to Information.
- The right to access your Personal Information;
- The right to update your Personal Information by emailing us or, where appropriate, amending the personal details contained in your member account with us;
- The right to withdraw your consent with respect to Personal Information that is collected on the basis of your consent;
- The right to request deletion of your Personal Information or object to its processing; and
- The right to lodge a complaint with us or, as applicable, with a supervisory authority.
If you want to learn more about the Personal Information that Remote Work Hub has about you, or you would like to exercise your choices regarding your Personal Information, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you no longer want to receive marketing communications from Remote Work Hub, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link included at the bottom of every email, or by contacting us at email@example.com.
If you request your personal information be deleted from our systems, please allow up to 90 days turnaround on your request. Remote Work Hub has the right to retain personal Information in order to comply with the law, protect our and others’ rights, resolve disputes or enforce our legal terms or policies, to the extent permitted under applicable law.
The Services are not directed to children under the age of 16, and Remote Work Hub does not knowingly collect Personal Information or other Information from anyone under the age of 16.
Questions or Comments.